Write for us! Guest Blog Posts Guidelines
Thanks for your interest in writing an article for JoomlaBeginner.com! We're more than happy to accept high quality guest blog posts. To make the process of submission as smooth as possible and provide you with key information about the type of content we’re looking for, we’ve come up with a set of guidelines.
Subjects we’re interested in
We are looking for texts related to one or more of the following subjects:
- Joomla 4 Tutorials
- Joomla SEO
- Joomla Templates / Themes
- Joomla Best Practices
- Joomla Custom Fields
General formatting rules for guest posts
- Craft a fresh article with relevant and practical takeaways. The article must be original and have not been published elsewhere. Check our articles for other stories on the same topic and make sure that your story tells readers something new, follows a fresh angle, or offers suggestions on how to do something better (rather than just why and how to do it).
- Use the “Joomla” keyword. We are a Joomla-related site, right? Therefore, your article must be about Joomla.
- We strongly encourage you to use images, screenshots, charts, infographics etc. in your articles. However, please make sure that you have rights to use these items for commercial purposes and / or provide sources and references, wherever applicable.
- Give credit. Check your facts and quotations. Cite the original sources (not the source that quoted the original source.)
- Keep your article consistent, structured into not too long paragraphs and written in an informative, casual language. Write just long enough to engage and enrich readers. We don’t have a word-count goal.
- Create an engaging introduction specific to your article. The intro is key to keep the reader engaged.
- Don’t send us press releases or sales pitches. They make us feel sad inside.
- Avoid self-promotion in the article. Your author bio is a good place to do that.
- Provide us with up to 3 sentences of your bio, your full name and a photo of yours to be published as a post author. You may also include 1 link to your company website in your bio.
Can I include backlinks?
We will include ungated links to articles and blogs that illustrate a point in your article. Keep in mind that more than one or two links to pieces you've written or on your company's blog may cause us to consider the piece self-promotional. JoomlaBeginner does not allow links to gated content.
How does JoomlaBeginner promote my post?
JoomlaBeginner will promote all posts via Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and other relevant social platforms. All posts are also emailed to our weekly newsletter subscribers.
You can help your post get maximum exposure too:
- Tweet it out to your network. Feel free to mention @JoomlaBeginner.
- Share it on Facebook and tag JoomlaBeginner.
- Pin it on Pinterest.
- Share an update on LinkedIn from your personal profile home page.
- Respond to all comments to create a conversation around your post. If you do, you'l gain some new fans, plus you’ll automatically get alerted for future comments.
How do I submit an article?
Submit all guest posts requests using our contact form and remember to include the following:
- A link to your article in Google Doc format.
- A separate .zip folder with all visual elements you use in your article.
- A short bio with your company link and photo of yours that we'll publish with the article.
You'll hear from us within a week since the request submission and we’ll let you know whether your post has been accepted.
Thanks for your interest in writing for JoomlaBeginner.com