5 Best Sitemap Plugins for Joomla
- by Naveen Kumar
- on Joomla Extensions
But at the same time, it is very important to make it fully SEO-friendly so you can rank it on search engines for your money-making keywords.
There are lots of things you can do to make your website fully SEO-friendly such as optimizing the website speed, creating fully mobile-friendly websites, and much more.
Here are some of the useful resources which can help you.
- 15 Ways to Improve SEO Ranking of your Joomla Site
- How to Optimize Joomla Article for Better SEO?
- Top 5 Joomla SEO Extensions
- SEO Mistakes You Should Avoid
Apart from these, there is one more thing. This is called Sitemap. Creating a sitemap for your Joomla website can bring a positive impact on your website. There are two types of sitemaps. One is HTML and another one is the XML sitemap.
In this article, we are talking about XML sitemaps. Using XML sitemaps helps search engine bots to crawl and index your site more easily. Thus, it’ll improve your web pages’ visibility to search engines.
What is Joomla XML Sitemap?
Sitemaps are a list of all the links available on your website. It helps users (in the case of HTML sitemap) as well as search engine bots to find your website pages. When any search engine crawler comes to your website, it just visits your sitemap and sees all the navigation structures.
It helps them to crawl and index your pages fast. This is the reason Sitemaps are more important from the SEO point of view.
Best SiteMap Generator Plugin
There are lots of tools and Joomla sitemap extensions available in the market which can help you to automatically create your sitemap.xml file for you. Some of the services also provide you the feature to submit your sitemap to Google or any other search directories.
JSitemap - Joomla Sitemap Plugin
JSitemap is one of the best and award-winning Joomla sitemap generator plugging which comes with a complete SEO solution for Joomla. The sitemap plugin currently powers more than 2,00,000+ Joomla websites.
You can create XML and HTML sitemaps with the help of the JSitemap plugin and manage all types of sitemap content on your website. JSitemap ships with the official integration with Google Search Console to submit, resubmit, delete sitemaps, monitor indexing status directly inside your Joomla! backend using a user-friendly interface!
Some of the unique key features of JSitemap
- Support for multiple multilingual sitemaps and Hreflang sitemap
- Responsive HTML sitemap
- Standard XML sitemap
- Mobile devices XML sitemap
- Images XML sitemap
- Geolocation XML/KML sitemap
- Videos XML sitemap for Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and HTML5 videos
- Google News sitemap
- RSS feeds XML generation
- Canonical tag management and override and many others.
Price: 49.00 EUR
OSMap - Sitemap Generator for Joomla
OS Map is another popular Joomla sitemap plugin that helps you to create SEO-friendly HTML and XML sitemaps for your Joomla website. It offers you the easiest way to add sitemaps on your website so you can get better indexing on search engines.
The sitemap generator comes with Free and Pro versions. In the free version, you can only create sitemap links for core Joomla extensions such as Joomla articles, contacts, etc. And with the pro version, you can extend the features and capabilities of this amazing sitemap extension. The pro version supports extensions such as K2, Virtuemart, Kunena, SobiPro, and many others.
Some of the unique key features of OsMap
- You can control the sitemap. You can decide the priority and change the frequency time.
- You can exclude specific menus or menu items from the sitemap.
- You can create any number of sitemaps using OSMap.
- You can choose what content to be included in the sitemap.
- You can decide the order, levels, articles per category
- You can create an image sitemap.
- Set up Google News sitemaps
- Noindex, Nofollow for single items in your sitemap
- Powerful cache for larger sites with big sitemaps
- Multiple column layouts for your HTML sitemaps
Price: Free or $49.
Note: You can use Coupon code AMAYZING30 and get a 30% discount. (The coupon code was active at the time of writing this article. We can not guarantee that this coupon will also work in the future.)
JL Sitemap for Joomla
JL Sitemap is another best Sitemap builder for Joomla. It is a free sitemap Joomla extension that enables you to create HTML and XML sitemaps that you can submit to Google for faster crawling and indexing of your Joomla website. The plugin builds the sitemaps according to the Joomla router.
The JL Sitemap comes with parallel compatibility of Joomla 3.9.x and Joomla 4 so when there will be a stable Joomla 4 version, you will not have to worry about its compatibility with J4.
It runs XML Sitemap creation by Cron and supports the Russian and English languages.
Some of the unique key features of JL Sitemap
- It supports Joomla articles, Joomla Tags, Joomla contacts, and many others.
- It launches XML sitemap creation by Cron.
- It can handle a huge number of links.
- It does not create any load on hosting as the resources are only required when the file is created.
- It provides your debug more as well.
- It supports various filtering modes of the site map.
- You can filter by menus and stop words.
- you can modify the sitemap using regular expressions.
- You can even delete the sitemap at any time.
Price: Free for Life
Aimy Sitemap for Joomla
When it comes to sitemap generation tools, Aimy Sitemap is a well-known name. The plugin helps you to create HTML and XML sitemaps for your Joomla website easily. It is a highly customizable sitemap generator and you can control the frequency and priority of the links.
The plugin helps you to improve your site’s SEO usability and as it includes a broken link checker for on-page links and images in the pro version. Apart from this, it also includes the crawler that visits every page of your website, analyzes its content, and queues its URL for inclusion in your sitemap.
The Joomla sitemap plugin is best suitable for small to medium-sized websites with a couple of hundred pages only.
Some of the unique key features of Aimy Sitemap
- Excludes duplicate content based on canonical URLs.
- Evaluates robots.txt
- Supports search engine friendly URLs (SEF)
- Full support for multilingual Joomla! Websites
- Set priority and change frequency per URL
- Automated, periodic crawling
- Generate an additional, compressed XML sitemap (gzip, .gz)
- Reveals broken links during crawl
- robots.txt editor and validator and many others.
Price: Free or 28.56€
Note: I have seen a note on their official website which says “Please note that we sell our software to countries of the European Union only.” So I guess, if you do not belong to European Union, you will not be able to get this plugin.
PWT Sitemap - Joomla HTML/XML Sitemap Plugin
PWT Sitemap is one of its kind Joomla sitemap plugin which helps you to create HTML and XML sitemap on your Joomla website without any complex configurations. This one is a perfect sitemap plugin for the Joomla website that integrates with Joomla menu items and it works perfectly with the existing websites.
You can create XML and Image sitemaps using the PWT Sitemap plugin. It supports most of the third-party extensions such as Kunena, Virtuemart, Zoo, K2, Hikashop, JoomGallery, DJ-Classifieds, and EasyDiscuss and they are increasing the list.
Some of the unique key features of PWT Sitemap
- When adding or editing a menu item you can directly configure if the page should be displayed in the HTML Sitemap and XML Sitemap.
- You can control the display settings of the pages with just a simple toggle.
- You can create a site.xml file directly from the menu item.
- If you want to choose all the articles from a specific category, you can simply do it from the category menu item.
Price: Free to €19
Over to you…
Sitemaps are an important part of any website as it contains all the links of the website which you want to crawl and index. XML sitemaps (as crawlers or bots understand only XML formal) help bots to crawl your website quickly.
So choose any of the Joomla sitemap extensions which suit your need and create your XML sitemap. If I have to choose, I will choose the JSitemap for my personal use as it gives me everything which I need. You can choose them on the basis of your needs.
Share your pick in the comment section.